The work has not been graded but I like the output that was submitted to me. Is it possible for the same prof to do the next assignment I will be submitting? If possible, I will greatly appreciate it.
Sample Size and Tracking Error
1. Download data for last 3 years for the DJIA (Dow Jones Industrial Average) and each of the 30 component stocks. Download data from an appropriate financial website such as Google Finance, Yahoo Finance, Quandl, CityFALCON, or another similar source. If you are using the R language, then there are videos in the “Supplemental Videos in R” located in the “Supplemental Materials” at the bottom of the course ware on how to import CSV files into your program.
2. Calculate Monthly returns of the DJIA index and the downloaded stocks over the period under study
3. Calculate mean and standard deviation of monthly returns for the DJIA index
4. Choose an equal weighted portfolio consisting of any 5 random stocks from the DJIA, calculate the mean monthly returns and its standard deviation. Do the same for portfolios of 10,15, 20 and 25 random stocks from the DJIA universe.
5. Calculate tracking errors for each of the portfolios i.e. the margin by which the mean and standard deviation of the portfolio returns diverge from those of DJIA .
6. Graphically represent the tracking error for returns and risk (standard deviation of returns used as a proxy for risk) on y-axis against the sample size of portfolio on the x-axis.
Based on the results of your findings, complete the following analysis:
1. What all factors account for the tracking error of the constructed portfolios?
2. What is the relationship between tracking error and portfolio sample size?
3. What might be the most optimal way to decrease tracking error without having to construct a full portfolio matching the entire index
NB: Make use of R package or Excel.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more